Can I get probation for conveyance to a detention facility and not go to prison?

Question:   I'm 36 yr old female attending college who lives on her own with two children.  I have been charged with criminal cases but they have all been DISMISSED.  When charged with this case i did 8 days in the county jail and at my arraignment was released on an OR bond.  In this case when i originally took the marIjuana to the prison I cooperated with the detectives and then charged nearly a yr later.

Answer:  If the cases are dismissed from MUNICIPAL court, they can still be re-filed in the Common Pleas court if you are indicted by a grand jury.   One would have to know the reason the charges are dismissed, and in which court they were dismissed.  I would be surprised if a prosecutor simply dismissed the cases for no reason.  If you are indicted, and convicted, a Felony of the third degree does not carry a presumption of prison, unless you were an employee of the department of corrections.  Then, it carries a mandatory prison sentence.

Free Consultation

Your Phone (required)

Search Words Used (required)

Please prove you are human by selecting the Car.


In 2020, the Franklin County Court was facing an influx of eviction cases and created a new law that would make it possible for you to get rid of your eviction record. Read More
Currently, the Ohio Revised Code is not updated to match the new Federal laws that protect same-sex marriage. Read More